Help Us To Help You
Your Doctor and Staff will endeavour to do their best for you. But they need your help to provide the best care for all patients. Please support us by following these simple guidelines:
- Please treat your doctor and staff with politeness and respect.
- Please cancel appointments you cannot attend or no longer need – somebody else can use this appointment.
- Please think twice before requesting a home visit- is a visit really necessary?
- Please try to telephone before 11am if you require a home visit.
- Please do not expect a prescription every time you visit the GP – good advice is often the best medicine.
- Please request your repeat prescription in good time – this will help avoid delays.
- Please be patient if you are kept waiting for an appointment – the doctor may have had to deal with an emergency.
- Please remember that doctors are only human – they cannot cure all your problems and illnesses.
- Please keep your medical card in a safe place.
- Please let us know if you change your address or telephone number so that we can keep your records up to date.
What you can expect from us
- Make an appointment with the doctor of your choice.
- The right of privacy and respect for cultural and religious beliefs.
- Referral to a hospital consultant of your choice where the doctor agrees it is necessary.
- An explanation of any proposed treatment.
- Access to your health records (subject to any limitations in the law). A small fee may be charged.
- To access emergency care.
- Referral to the community services as necessary, i.e. district nurse, health visitor, midwife, dietician, psychiatric nurse.
- To know the name of the member of staff you are dealing with.
- The contents of your health records will be kept confidential.